Friday, June 7, 2013

Dress up a photo frame - DIY

I bought this frame at Dollar Tree:
















I thought it was a pretty cute frame for Dollar Tree, but I wasn't a fan of the matte, and I hate being limited to a horizontal picture. I have no idea what picture I'm going to put it in at this point, but I wanted to change it a little.

So next, I bought this shelf liner:

I think I even saw a DIY on Pinterest with this same shelf liner, and someone put it on the back of a bookshelf or entertainment center. Not quite my style, but for a frame, this shelf liner and I can get along just fine.









After unceremoniously taking out the ugly matte and throwing it away, I lined up the back of the frame on the back of the shelf liner and traced with a pen:
















Because the shelf liner has squares on the back, I gave myself an extra square for something to fold over onto the back of the frame:


I peeled of the back of the shelf paper and lined up the back of the frame:

Folded the liner over like so:

Finished product:
















I like it much better. I could even put a 5x7 in there if I cut off about 3/4 of an inch.
Before
After
When I'm ready to put the picture in there, I'll simple tape it in place. You could even make a collage with the frame if you wanted to. Easy Peasy. Maybe I'll find something else to do with the shelf liner. I might even line my shelves, imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment